This article explains the process of using Aadhaar Self Service Portal for Updating, making changes to your Name, Address, Date of Birth, Sex & language online at the comfort of your home without physically visiting the Aadhaar center
An Aadhar card is an important asset to all the citizens of India. It is an identity that is issued by the Government. This card consists of the personal details along with the biometric details of the cardholder. A 12-digit unique number is assigned to each individual randomly as they enroll for the card. These numbers which are termed as the Aadhar number provides a unique identification to each individual and separates them from the other.
It is an excellent means of authenticating the identity of each citizen of India. This card consists of the personal details of each individual. This includes their name, the name of their father or spouse as applicable, date of birth, and address. It also includes the fingerprints, iris scan as well as a photograph of the person. This information is necessary for the secure and safe access of an individual to the services offered by the government.
With the help of an Aadhar Card, it becomes a lot more convenient to authenticate one’s identity. Thus, it is very essential to have all the information correctly registered to your Aadhar Card. In case you do not, you need to get them fixed. This ensures that you can avail the most out of the services offered by the government.
Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal for Changing Name, Address & Date of Birth Online
Important Documents Necessary For Verification
While you are planning to get the information updated, you need to make sure that you have the correct documents with you. These documents are necessary for the authentication of the update that you requested. Some of the main documents that you would require to correct the information are as follows:
- For Name Change: Passport, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Driving Licence.
- For Change of Address: Passport, Passbook or Bank Statement, Ration Card, Voter ID Card; Water, Electricity Or Gas Bill of last 3 months.
- For Date of Birth Correction: Birth Certificate, PAN Card, Passport, Marksheet issued by any Government Board or University.
How to Update DOB, Name, Address Online using Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
To make use of the Self Service Portal of the government, you need to follow the given steps:
- Visit the official site for the Aadhar Self-Service Update Portal at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/.
- Now you need to make sure that you have the right documents or not. Once you are sure, you need to click on the “Proceed To Update” Aadhar tab.
- On the page that opens up, you need to correctly enter your Aadhar number and then enter the captcha code for verification.
- Then, you will receive a one-time password (OTP) on the phone number that is linked to your Aadhar Card. You will have to enter the OTP in the given box and then click on “Login”.
- After the OTP is verified, you will be taken to the next page. Here, you need to choose which information you wish to change and tick on the respective box/boxes. Here, you can update your name, gender, date of birth, address along with your mobile number, and email ID. After choosing the option, click on submit.
- On the next page, you will get to see your existing data. For instance, if you want to change your address, you will see your existing address along with an option to update it. Here you can carefully update it.
- You need to enter all the details that you want to update. For instance, you wish to change your name or your date of birth, enter the correct information. If you want to update your address, add the exact name of the streets, city pin code location, and so on.
- As the details are submitted, you need to upload an authentic document to support the information. When you are updating your name or date of birth, you need to upload a copy of your birth certificate or your voter ID card. If you want to update your address, you are required to upload a Prove of Address onto the portal.
Things To Keep in Mind Before Making Any Changes to Aadhaar Card Online
- Always ensure that the data provided by you is right and has the correct proof to make the changes effective.
- Only fill up the fields that need correction and never input old data unnecessarily.
- Make sure to link your Aadhar with your mobile number before placing a request for an update.
- Only the cardholder can request an update and no one else unless the cardholder is below 5 years of age.
- Any update regarding the Aadhar Card that is requested needs to be authenticated by you. This authentication is done by entering an OTP or through biometric verification.
- The information cannot be changed multiple times. For instance, the name can be changed twice while the gender and date of birth can be changed only once.
These steps will help you fix all the issues with your Aadhar Card.